I started Lil’ Miss Bossy in 2008 as a place to share stories, photos and recipes with friends and family.
Now I am thrilled to also write for Betty Crocker and Pillsbury as a recipe and article contributor! I love this part of my job. I also love my job in web publishing/design and happily reside in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
I don’t call myself a writer, cook or photographer. I am just someone who loves all of these things…and feels blessed to be able to do them every day.
Thanks again for stopping by! Please feel free to send me a note or a comment any time! I love each and every one of my readers!
Why Lil’ Miss Bossy?
Well, unfortunately, as a child, my two younger brothers will attest to the fact that I was…ahem…bossy. When I was thinking of names for this here blog, I knew my family would think the name made perfect sense! I have since calmed down on the bossiness…pretty much.
Where did you learn to cook and bake?
Food. Family. Hospitality. These are the pillars of our family. These are values and lessons that have been taught by my grandma and my mom to me since day one. It took me a while to grasp the importance of these ideas. The importance of why we had dinner together as a family every night. The importance of making sure that there is food in your fridge…just in case someone stops by. The value of showing people that they are loved through your kitchen and your home.
What kind of camera do you use?
I have a Rebel T2i named Renaldo and I love love love him. Yes, it is a him. He has some war wounds from my obsession with food photography but what camera wouldn’t like a little frosting dried onto the dials??
Who are the Cuties?
Ah the Cuties. The Cuties are the amazing children of my amazing best friend. Tracy and I met when I was teaching (yes, I was a 3rd, 4th and 5th grade teacher for 5 years!) and she became my non-biological sister. Chelsea was born in 2004 and I am blessed to be her Fairy Godmother. Brendan was born in 2006 and quickly stole the other part of my heart. I love to hang out with them as much as possible and they love to help me in the kitchen. Also, another favorite cutie in my life is my other god-daughter Brooklynn. She is my cousin’s daughter and is growing up too fast. I am very lucky to have amazing kids to love and spoil! Renaldo loves all three of them!
Here are some random facts about me…just for fun and because I love lists!
- I have been to five New Kids on the Block concerts…and three of them were when I was over 30!
- I have 6 different shampoos in my shower right now…it is all about the smell.
- I am obsessed with my Kindle and I could read Babysitters Club books today and still be as entertained as I was when I was 10!
- My brothers can still make me cry with one single word.
- That said, I love my brothers to death.
- The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie of all time.
- When I was little, I wanted to be a waitress on roller skates.
- I love daisies.
- I love owls.
- I taught elementary school for 5 years and still love those kids to this day.
- I could sit and drink a 12 pack of Diet Coke..in a heartbeat.
- I am addicted to gossip magazines.
- I cannot sleep without a fan
- I am a semi-certified storm watcher.
- I am kind of obsessed with purses and bags…and Sharpies and containers…and organizing. And Project Life.