Pizza. I love pizza. Pizza anything. The cheese. The sauce. The deliciousness. Sigh. Pizza doesn’t really work well with wanting to be in a bridesmaid dress in a couple months but man, it is delicious.
So how about a Pull-Apart Pizza Bread? All the deliciousness of pizza in a new way. This would be a great addition to a certain game day party that might be on the horizon or just a dinner idea to pair with a salad.
Let’s dive in! First grab some Pillsbury pizza crust. This stuff is so fab. There are so many things you can do with this pizza crust and none of it involve creating your own and using yeast. Yeast hates me. This is something I will conquer in the future. But moving on.
Roll out of the pizza dough and top with a light layer of your favorite pizza sauce.
Next it becomes a little tricky. But believe me, if I can do it, you can do it. First cut the dough into an even huge square. Add the cheese. Then cut into large strips evenly across and down. Then stack the squares on top of each other, carefully, using a small spatula.
Then slide them, sideways into a loaf pan. I actually stood the loaf pan upright to put them in easier. Seriously, I know this sounds complicated but just get in there and tackle it.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for for 15 minutes. Then brush the top with a little butter, sprinkle on some garlic salt and put back in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and flip out the loaf. Pull apart and enjoy the deliciousness!
- 1 roll Pillsbury pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (the cheesier the better in my opinion)
- garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll the dough out super thin on a flour working surface.
- Brush the dough with the pizza sauce.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, trim the ends so you have a nice clean large square.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the sauce.
- Then, carefully cut dough into squares and stack them on top of each other. Like maybe two or three at at time.
- Place them sideways in a greased loaf pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt. Put back in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn out on plate or serving platter.