At this point, winter is showing signs of slowing down in Minnesota. The weather is not so bitter cold and the snow starts to melt during the day. Now granted, March is the usually the snowiest month of the year and there are always storms lurking around the corner, but it seems hopeful.
But just because winter is coming to an end doesn’t mean that warm comforting foods have to go to the wayside. I don’t think that should ever happen actually. This recipe is one that my mom made our family when I was growing up and it is still a huge favorite.
Taco Pie is so easy and so deelish. I hope you enjoy one of my families faves. And cheers to bitter cold coming to an end.
- 1 can biscuits
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 c. cheddar cheese – shredded
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Separate dough and press together into a pie plate to form crust.
- Brown hamburger – drain and added taco seasoning and water as instructed on package. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon on top of biscuits and bake 12 to 16 minutes. Top with cheese and melt in oven an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings like shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and sour cream.